Updated COVID-19 office procedures as of 4/17/20
In order to keep our office a safe space during this pandemic, we need your help with the following:
- Please come to your visit with only one healthy parent.
- Please come to the office wearing a face covering (parent and child as best you can-if nothing else, a scarf will work.) We do not have enough face masks to provide to all of our patients and really need your help with this.
- If you or your child gets sick before a well appointment, please call us to discuss whether or not we should reschedule.
- Please check-in online before you get here.
- Please call from your car when you arrive so that we can bring you right into a room.
We at Peconic Pediatrics are here for you! We are committed to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community but not at the expense of your child’s health. As we balance the needs of our community with the needs of individual children we are making the following changes:
- Essential checkups during well visit hours only: Remember that COVID-19 tends to be mild in children and skipping vaccines can result in your child getting diseases like whooping cough or measles. All children ages two and under should continue to come for their well visits. We also recommend keeping your 4, 10, 11, and 16-year-old checkups as these visits also come with important vaccinations. We ask you to come to the office without siblings, with only one healthy adult, and to please reschedule if your child is not feeling well or has a fever the day of the checkup. Other routine well visits can and should wait until later notice.
- Sick visits: During this pandemic, children are still going to get sick with routine medical problems like strep throat and appendicitis. Please do not delay medical care when it is needed. In order to see you safely for sick visits, please call us first. Walk-in hours have been suspended. We have two ways of scheduling sick visits:
- Video Visits: If you have not yet done so, please download our telehealth app Anytime Pediatricsso that we can see you by video. We will attempt to meet all of your needs by video visit whenever possible. You can schedule a telehealth visit by calling the office or by “walking-in” on the Anytime Pediatrics App to chat with a staff member and schedule a visit. If we determine that you need to come in, we will do so safely during our sick visit office hours.
Office visits: Please call us to schedule an office visit. There are no more walk-in hours. If you need to come in for a sick visit, we will bring you straight to an exam room. We ask that you only bring one healthy adult and no siblings to any office visits until the situation improves.
As of March 30th:
Office Hours Riverhead
9AM-12PM office well visits
1PM-5PM office sick visits
9AM-10:30PM telehealth video visits
9AM-12PM office sick visits and telehealth video visits
6:30PM-10:30 PM video telehealth visits
10AM-12PM video telehealth “walk-in” visits only. Just log-in to the Anytime Pediatrics app to request a visit with the on call doctor
Office Hours Southold
Southold is only seeing well patients during this time. If you are sick you can travel to Riverhead for an office visit or schedule a video visit.
Monday 10 am - 3 pm
Wednesday 10 am - 3 pm
Friday 10 am - 3 pm
Saturday 9 am - 12 pm
Thank you for trusting us with the care of your children!
ATTENTION PARENTS – ANYTIME TELEHEALTH “WALK-IN HOURS” NOW AVAILABLE ON SUNDAYS
Our office is now closed on Sundays, but we will be offering visits through our telehealth app Anytime Pediatrics in its place! If you haven’t done so already, please download the Anytime app Click here and register your children. If your child is sick on Sunday from 10 am to 12 pm you can just log in to the Anytime app and request an appointment.